Fright in the Box is an animatronic sold by Spirit Halloween for the 2020 Halloween season. It resembles a large red, black, and brown jack-in-the-box with various skull designs and a large hand crank. Upon activation, the hand crank on the box begins to turn as a music box version of the song "Pop goes the weasel" can be heard. As the hand crank comes to a sudden stop, a green-haired clown with a large bowtie rapidly pops up out of the box while its eyes light up yellow and laugher plays, the animatronic then goes back into its deactivated position while the laughter is played.
Spirit Halloween's Description
"After the toymaker's wife died, nothing made him happy. Making trains and dolls was no relief. One day, a man from the traveling circus visited him and promised to cure all of his pain and make him laugh again if he made him one particular toy. Desperate for his melancholy to cease, the toymaker agreed. Now, no one has seen him since, but locals say behind the clown's twisted face they can see the toymaker's eyes when the Fright in the Box strikes."
"The Fright in the Box animatronic features yellow glowing eyes, and his head pops up when you least expect it for a terrifying scare."
- Instruction manual
- Volume control
- External speaker jack
- Product Sayings:
- "Pop goes the weasel! *Clown screams and laughs*
- Step pad compatible
- Try me button compatible
- Multi-prop remote activator compatible
- Adapter Type: 6V2A (included)
- Cord Length: 6 feet
- Dimensions: 42" H x 23.6" W x 23.6" D
- Weight: About 16.5 pounds
- Material: Plastic, fabric, wood, metal, synthetic fibers, electronics
- Care: Spot clean
- Note: Recommended for use in covered areas
- An image of the box of this animatronic in the ISE instruction booklet for 2020 was leaked publicly prior to its release.
- Prior to its release, the animatronic was codenamed "CHECKERS."
- The Good Times Doll appears in the animatronic's official demo.
- The "Pop Goes The Weasel" song that it plays in the beginning was, in fact, uploaded in 2014 as a full song.